January 21, 2016

The Magic of Numbers ~ Part Three

In finishing up this segment on "The Magic of Numbers", let's first take a look at our present situation as we start into this new calendar year.  The Full Moon of January is only a few days away and there appears to be significant power associated with astrological alignments and vibrations at this time - as you will see a bit further into this post! View the prior segments here:

Using our measure of time and date, we can calculate that since we are in the year 2016, we are collectively experiencing a Number 9 Year here on Earth.  When added, the numerals 2+0+1+6 equate to 9.  But what does that mean?  What is special about the number nine?  Here are a just a handful of fun facts:

  • When we're elated, we say that we are on "Cloud Nine".  Why not Cloud Ten or One Hundred?
  • There are nine major planets in our solar system.
  • Beethoven composed nine symphonies.
  • Though also revered by many religions, nine is the eternal number of human immortality by Freemasons.  A Wiccan traditionally casts a 9-foot diameter circle of protection for his work.
  • There were nine Muses of the Arts; Astronomy, History, Poetry, etc.
  • Nine "Worthies" were honored in the 14th century consisting of 3 Pagans, 3 Jews and 3 Christians.
  • The ninth hour is the hour of prayer.
  • The sum of the digits of any number multiplied by nine always reduce to nine.
  • Many ancient cultures including Mayan and some Native American describe nine cosmic levels.  It is thought, by some, that we have nine Chakras.
Nine is said to be a masculine number.  As a product of 3x3 it is powerful and a number representing Universal Spiritual Laws and Divine wisdom.  In Tarot, the Nines signify completion of cycles, reflection and renewal.  Nine is also the number of The Hermit card in the Major Arcana, signifying spiritual enlightenment, inner wisdom, deep insight and journeys.  Nine is the number of endings as well.  As I type this, I am reminded of the many well-loved celebrities we have already lost this year as they made their departing journeys.


Personally, I've been experiencing a very unusual wave of crystal-clear clarity and confidence lately.  For me, it seemed to begin about a week ago when I had the urge (and even the energy) to tackle old paper files and even computer clutter.  These are two of my least favorite chores - sometimes I procrastinate for months letting things accumulate in piles - but, surprisingly, I whizzed through the project (happily, even)  in record time!  Typically, after hours of consideration, most of these still end up in another haphazard stack that I promise myself I will, "get to later".  I've also felt more organized and full of fresh, exciting ideas!  I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced similar things lately?  Maybe the reason coincides with the current vibrations of the universe and their astrological placements, as seen in this video:



I've also discovered, through a free numerology reading the other day, that my personal numbers are in tune with the predictions above, adding depth and creating ripe conditions for positive movement forward!  You can see how your own Free Numerology Report aligns with this state of the January Full Moon and the year 2016 in general.  I found it to be extremely helpful and enlightening!


Tips for Making the Most of the January 2016 Full Moon Cycle

  • Release past failures, pain, regrets; they're in the past and you're not going that way!  Write down things you wish to banish from habits or memory and ritually burn them for good.
  • De-clutter your surroundings and organize things, ideas, tasks into manageable chunks.
  • Brainstorm fresh ideas, write down thoughts, goals, or begin a fresh journal you will attend to regularly, and include things like color therapy, sketches, mandalas you create. Actually draw the Flower of Life on a journal page.  It can have a profound effect.
  • Let creativity flow un-hindered, choose to "do" the things you wish rather than only listing them.
  • Choose to free inner blocks such as negative self-talk and replace with positive affirmations like "I AM worthy"; "If I try, I will succeed"; "I am in control of my thoughts, life and destiny"; "I deserve good things".
  • Donate things you no longer need or use, volunteer and look for opportunities to be helpful as often as possible.  Share your talents, compassion and concern for others on a regular basis.
  • Allow yourself to become excited at the prospect of new, fresh beginnings!  Take stock, daily, of all you have going for you, give thanks and bask in the comforts at hand.
  • Smudge and cleanse your home with sage or favorite herbal blend; cleanse your crystals, etc.
  • Explore the magical science which can help you maximize potential for success, such as meditation, raising Theta brainwaves through binaural audio, working with the energies of crystals, and so on.

Resources for the Meanings and Vibrations of Numbers

Rather than making this post so long that it would take a week to scroll to the end of it, and repeating valuable information which is already easily available with a few clicks of the mouse and a browser, I will link a few sites detailing the meanings and vibrations of specific numbers below:

The website, Colours and their Sounds and Frequencies, has some terrific charts and descriptions, touching also on Chakra healing.

A very in-depth look can be found here, called NUMEROLOGY, The Vibration and Meaning of Numbers.

PsychicsUniverse presents a quick look at the basic meanings of numbers 1-9 in Numerology and Astrology.

Numerology369.com goes a bit further to introduce and quickly explain the Power Numbers as well.

In closing, how are you feeling about 2016 so far?  Do you have any predictions, intuitions or feelings you'd like to share?  Any specialized rituals or plans for celebrating the Full Moon Esbat?  I would love to hear about them!  You may share plans, predictions, photos, rituals, etc, here in the comments, or on our Facebook Page.  I have my own predictions, some of which I may share at a later date as they involve potentially painful endings world-wide, an unusual shake up in politics for the USA, and other things that currently detract from the positive vibe I've been fostering in this post.  Many blessings for 2016 and beyond!
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

3 Comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Very interesting post! Thank you for all this information! I feel 2016 is going to be a very prosperous year for me. I am really coming into my own. Organizing lots. Decluttering. Concentrating on me. Being creative. I don't know what is going to happen, but I feel when things do, it's going to be fast! My foot is ready to take the next step in my life!

Magic Love Crow said...

I loved the video! I have been letting go a lot!

Polly said...

Hi Stacy! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. It sounds like we're on the same wavelength! :) I was really impressed with the video as well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...