February 3, 2014

Empowered by Nature's Gifts

Each of us can "rediscover" and "relearn" natural healing and herbalism for ourselves!

As some of you know, I'm very passionate about natural healing and promoting optimal health through the use of herbs and "normal" (non-GMO) organic foods. This is due, in part, to the disabling conditions I've been dealing with since 2008 - including chronic, widespread pain from Fibromyalgia, challenges with always feeling exhausted, inability to remember or "focus", sensory overload, etc, from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (known as ME/CFS), Graves' Disease, and a handful of other debilitating conditions that I won't bore you with the details of. 

After ingesting more useless pharmaceutical drugs in the past six years than I can even remember the names of, and dealing with pointless, tremendously awful side effects from them, I've been on a long-term mission to (re)discover the benefits and uses of "weeds, bushes and trees" often growing bountiful within my own surroundings. 

One of my dear friends has had the good fortune of learning many of these healing ways from her Great Grandmother.  They have been passed down through the generations in her family, whereas, for many of us, the ancient wisdom of natural healing died ages ago with our own ancestors.  We CAN, however, reclaim this knowledge for ourselves.  Her name is Rox, and when I said that I'd like to mention her in my post, she modestly asked that I relay this message rather than giving her a "plug".  She says,

More than anything, I want to help empower people to really focus on what is already given to us, locally, and within nature's bounty.  We should teach others freely when we can - how to respect nature, harvest in ways that are sustainable, and use the gifts nature provides.  We should give special consideration and assistance to those who are struggling with low-income, terrible medical care, and unhealthy or toxic food.

Here are just some of the amazing things I received from her recently.  I'll be writing about some herbal blends, ingredients, harvesting and preparations - along with sharing my herbal adventures, experiences and information over the course of the year.  Meanwhile, if you'd like to send Rox an inquiry, request recommendations for self-training materials, or place an order of your own, please visit "Womb of Willow".  Some of the hand-crafted products I received are as follows:

Immunity Tea
Crone Tea
Wild Mint Clay
Wintergreen Tooth Powder
Rose Lavender Sea Salt Bath
Cedar Orange Sea Salt Bath
Tea Bath
Soothing Rub
Lavender Rose Cream
Winter Smudge
Autumn Smudge
Sage Smudge Sticks
Spruce Resin
Sacred Birch-bark Bundle

Feel free to share your own herbal tips, recipes, knowledge, or even submit a guest post ~ I am always anxious to learn more and to further empower my readers!

______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

6 Comments:

Boreal Mum said...

Thank You Polly You are a beautiful friend & so thankful we have met .

Polly said...

Me too, Rox, you are simply amazing! I'm thankful to know you :)

Liz said...

Poly, I just found your blog for the first time and wanted to comment on your experience. I too have suffered with pain and health issues for over 28 years. I have been through hell going to too many doctors who gave me erronious diagnosis' and have tried allmost all their medications and treatments. I finally realized that none of it really helped and was making me feel worse most of the time. I have now been completely drug free for 5 years. I may take a sudafed now and again when my home remedies are not enough. But I dont even take antiinflamatories like ibuprophen anymore. I feel so much better and more alive than ever before. I use herbal remedies, stretching, meditation, cleansing baths (hot tubs are awesome) massage, low impact exersize and eat as clean as possible. No processed foods and relaced sugar with honey. I am almost 50 and feel better than I did at 30. I only wish is that I started sooner. Best of luck to you and bless your friend for her work and support. Blessed be

Polly said...

Liz, thank you so much for your encouraging words and for sharing your experiences! I have recently had a major heart procedure and haven't been keeping up very well with my blogs.

Atell Psychic Tarot said...

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I've been intrigued by natural health and healing with herbs for some time now. I have to admit most of my knowledge relates to essential oils and things like tissue salts, but I'll be sure to swing by regularly to read your posts. We have so many of the same interests and I'm so glad I discovered your little corner in the world wide web!

Polly said...

Atell, thank you for stopping by and for your warm comments. You have a gorgeous page and I'm looking forward to exploring further! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...