January 28, 2013

Wonderful Web Witches ~ January 2013

Ahh, the number thirteen! I've always said it was my "lucky number", and the year "2013" is truly shaping up to be a magical and uplifting year! If you've been reading some of my latest, infrequent posts, you might notice that I have been "opening myself" to "goodness" and consciously shifting away from negativity. I simply am not laying claim to "chaos" (especially that which originates from within my self - which is often a large percentage of it!) and WOW...it is hard for me to explain how or why this "magic" works, or "how" to achieve it. I've been "preaching the concept" for years but wasn't "practicing it fully", and I didn't even realize it.

Just this morning, in the span of about three minutes' time, I "accidentally" met a handful of amazing new friends who share my passions. One of whom is listed below and has inspired me to "tend my creative side" and to get this post written! The stream of activity was coming so fast that my browser/Internet service provider is still lagging in trying to keep up. The very first thing I saw, after the flurry of messages had died down a bit, was the image you see to the left! Coincidence? I think not.

If you're unfamiliar with the Wonderful Web Witches Award, let me just briefly say that a chosen recipient does not necessarily have to "be a Witch". I've bestowed the award upon a dear Christian friend, fellow Pagans, artists, writers, teachers, Earth-friendly activists and others who meet the criteria of being "genuine" and sharing their gifts with the world. These people bring positivity to us in their words and actions. So, without further delay, I'm pleased to announce my picks for this month. Feel free to nominate yourself or another for the next round! Simply send me an email to designing (dot) life (dot) net@gmail.com with "WWW" as the subject line.

Congratulations to These Wonderful Web Witches!

Mid-Stride Moxie is written by one of those people that you just "get a great vibe from" the moment you meet! My dear friend, Kallan (Author of The Secret Life of the American Working Witch), shared Lina's blog with me just this morning. I'll let you read for yourself, but first, I have to say that I haven't read a post quite so "valuable and real" in a very long time - especially when it comes to addressing a Sabbat. Believe me when I say that it is difficult to write something that "hasn't already been said" when it comes to the Sabbats. Lina has pulled it off with ease! This isn't one of the same old, "Imbolc colors are blah blah" posts!

Maiden to Mother is a wonderful blog highlighting the progression from fertility to birth for the Pagan woman, but you'll find so much more as well. Author A.L. Perkins puts a lot of passion and thought into her posts. For those striving to conceive, this is a must-read - and with the season of fertility nearly upon us, a timely gift as well!

ShamanTube - Ah, well what can I say here? I'm not very familiar with Shamanism itself, but my niece posted something from their Facebook Community last night and I was so touched by it that I had to explore further. The messages, videos and images shared bring a peaceful feeling to me that I can't quite describe. You'll just have to see for yourself!

Juniper Animals isn't what you might "expect" to see included along with the WWW Awards posts, but as a previous dog trainer, I have a lot of respect for those who dedicate their lives to promoting positive interaction and understanding between animals and humans. Based in the UK, you'll find holistic and natural approaches to animal training and care. Psst, be sure to check out the "pet portraits" tab...you just might find a contest coming soon, here at Pagan by Design, in which you can win a portrait of your beloved familiar! 

Radiant Magazine represents the first-ever "publication" I've chosen for an award. I'm feeling a bit "biased toward the UK" here, but this is yet another treasure based in the United Kingdom. Authors Dawn and Samantha state their goals better than I could...you'll find a "fresh modern approach to Mind, Body Spirit and Holistic Living, to inspire and motivate our readers, to empower themselves and live a life aware of our connection to the universal life force energy, respectful of our beautiful host, Mother Earth." Be sure to check out their competitions as well their Facebook page!


Attention Winners! Feel free to place the following award graphic on your site, Facebook page or within your signature tag on message forums! If you need help placing the small button please email me with your questions. HTML-ready code is located just below the image.




______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

2 Comments:

Adelina Soto Thomas said...

Thank you so very much! I'm so honored that you like my little blog! It has brought me many new friends recently...and I'm glad you are among them! Thank you!

MagicLoveCrow said...

Congrats to the beautiful winners! Great post Polly! Love the quote! I wrote it down ;o) Hugs ;o)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...