December 28, 2012

Transitions

Image by KatrinaMayer.com
Having been born under the zodiac sign of Cancer, I've always felt a deep fascination and connection with the Moon and it's cycles. It wasn't until today (moments ago, in fact) that I began to comprehend why I've been feeling such a strong urge lately to make some drastic and lasting changes in my life. You see, my deeply held belief has been that I am just one rather insignificant person among billions of others who have so much more to contribute to the world than I do...so I've often just watched from the sidelines...cheering on those who have accomplished the things I've wanted to do myself (and silently feeling sorry for myself for not ever "trying")...the people who've written the books I've longed to write and publish, the ones who have positively influenced others with their gifts, even those who have faithfully practiced their Earth-based spiritual leanings rather than simply dabbling in them or gobbling up all the knowledge they can acquire.


I've just learned that for the month of December, 2012, the Full Moon is sharing the sign of Cancer and Capricorn. This seems to be having a profound effect on me, personally. While it's true that I am a whiz at coming up with amazing ideas and starting great things, I get easily distracted and lose my train of thought - barely "finishing" much of anything. I wake up in the night with poetic verses I just HAVE to write down, or story ideas, or a myriad of other awesome plans that seem to remain hidden from conscious thought during the hours I'm awake. Perhaps the trouble I have "focusing" can be attributed to my "fibro fog" or a bit of "ADD" - I really don't know at this point. All I know for sure (today, anyway) is that my passions for helping others and for "creating" are the life-force that runs through my veins...stories, poems, art, crafts, sharing wisdom, impacting the lives of my grand-children, teaching survival skills I've acquired, putting the systems in place to begin "homesteading", and so on...

For this Full Moon of December (and throughout the cold weeks of winter while the Earth is at rest in my time zone), I will face all the insecurities I've held onto - along with the pain I've carried with me - and write it out, burning it in my Cauldron and banishing it for good! The next steps will be outlining goals, beginning with strengthening myself from within. As spring re-emerges, I will already be on my way to achieving my dreams and desires...that is the plan anyway (wink).

Over the next year, I will be writing some of those books floating around in my head, and focusing more on my sorely neglected blog, "The Moonlit Grove". I had begun the blog as a means of sharing my interests and ideas for pagan homeschooling, but I've left it "hanging there", so for the Pagan Blog Project 2013, that is the blog I've entered and will work on primarily. Meanwhile, I will be welcoming guest contributions to help keep Pagan by Design "fresh" and up to date.

What are some of your goals for the coming year? Do you have special plans for working with the Full Moon today? What have you learned from your experiences in 2012?

If you would like to submit anything "pagan-related" to appear on Pagan by Design in 2013, please email me at designing.life.net@gmail.com with "Guest Post" in the subject line. I can't guarantee that I will choose every submission for publication, or that it will appear immediately. I will, however, reply within approximately 48 hours to discuss your entry. Thank you in advance for your contributions and for your continued support of Pagan by Design.

PS - I'd like to share a couple of "moon-related" things before I go: At MoonCircles you will find some awesome Moon Astrology writing. Be sure to also check out Full Moon Illuminations by Dana Gerhardt. Finally, if you haven't already noticed, there is a new link on the sidebar to Maiden to Mother. The site is focused on fertility, conception, pregnancy and birth especially for the Pagan woman.
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

1 Comments:

MagicLoveCrow said...

You will do well my friend! I am proud of you! I learned a lot about my self in 2012 and I have grown! I really have learned to let things go and sometimes that can be so hard! 2013, I think is going to be a transition year! A great year! I have a lot planned! Happy New Year ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...