June 15, 2012

A Tarot Poem, Introduction

by Polly Taskey


Tarot Town by Ciro Marchetti
Within the Kingdom 'round the land                         
at compass points the Castles stand,
beckoning that we shall see
what was, what is and what will be...

Up in the north, on stable land,
a house of health and wealth does stand.
The residents are earthly-bound -
where Pentacles or Coins are found.

The airy-east holds thoughts and plans
where things are learned and Swords command.
Just when we think we know the way,
new lessons come and beg to play.

And to the west, where dreams evolve,
we'll feel the deepest sort of love.
Emotions rule like waves to shore
to fill the Cups, to spill once more.

Ambition leads us southerly
where fiery Wands burn steadily,
to spark our passions, dreams and sight
with spiritual and mystic light.
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

5 Comments:

rogerbell51 said...

What a awesome poem. I loved it very much and i will share this among my friends and tell them about tarot and free tarot.

salemwitchchild said...

Did you write this yourself? Its really good!

Polly said...

Yes, I wrote it, and thank you very much :)

MagicLoveCrow said...

Polly, you wrote this??? Wow! I love it! May I print a copy of it for myself? I really love it! Blessings my friend ;o)

Polly said...

Sure Stacy! Feel free...I might add to it later (court cards, minors and majors) because it helps me remember as I learn them. :) I don't mind if others reprint it also as long as my name appears as author with a link back to the PBD blog. ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...