April 9, 2012

Graveyard Musings

Image Origin Unknown
Graveyard:
Headstones, gates and fencing
containing emptiness

Gathering;
Heads bowed, shoulders slumped,
tears streaming

Gestures:
Healing hugs and compassion -
life continues...

Gallant Ones
put to rest in concrete tombs
underground

Greenery
decorating stones - remembrance,
dedication

Grieving Hearts
ache for past companions
lost...

Greetings...
from the wind that is my breath
upon you

This grave
holds no more than a shell
of me.

The rustle of the blowing leaves - my laughter,
The breeze across your shoulders - my caress,
The song of the birds speak my words - of love,
I'm not in the place where you stand and fret...

Grasping;
stand upright and raise your head -
see me...

Gracious
as the sunbeams warming your face -
I'm there!

Grinning
upon you as you heal and know
I'm free!

Glorious -
in the cycles of rebirth I'll be
returning soon...

Guarded
by your love that holds me close.
Let go...


This is my post for Week 14 of the Pagan Blog Project. The second week of the Letter "G".
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

3 Comments:

rox said...

this was really nice Polly Thanks for sharing ♥

Polly said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the words filtering in as I tried to sleep last night. Thank you.

Polly said...

I'm thinking I will rewrite this one. It isn't usually my style of poetry and doesn't work for me as I hoped it would. ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...