April 21, 2012

13 Goddesses in 13 Weeks ~ Diana

I missed the past couple of weeks in the 13 Goddesses project sponsored by Timeless Rituals, and had the urge to try another. Keep in mind that I am just trying to learn by practicing when I have time. This week's focus is of the Roman pantheon. I chose Diana, the huntress who is often depicted with deer, or bear, or a bow and arrows. For this drawing, I tried to use the following image as a guide, but drew the deer first.

My Inspiration

My poor rendition looks like she has empty eye sockets, really fat lips and a five-o'clock shadow, but hey, I tried, right? LOL. Shhh, don't tell my friends in The Artist's Way workshop over at Pagan Writer's Community what I said about my drawing. It's a big no-no to create something and then judge it poorly. Just being realistic though (wink).

I'll still keep at it, though I have to admit just using pencils or charcoal gets boring when I have to shade things and make shadows with them...obviously the shading of the deer was last and it's pretty clearly slapped in there quickly. I think this coming winter I will try to enroll in an oil painting class, or maybe watercolor, or BOTH! That should help satisfy my craving to create stuff. (smile)

______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

8 Comments:

Timeless Rituals said...

She's wonderful!!!! Love those mysterious eyes!!! Thank you again for joining. You're doing a very good job! :)

MagicLoveCrow said...

Polly, you are so cute!!  I think you are being too hard on yourself! I think you did a great job and I love your shadowing, seriously ;o) Don't try too hard to create. Create from your heart! I have no schooling in art. I create what I feel. 
Did you realize, you won two things from me, in Magaly's party?? Yeh! Will be mailing everything out on monday ;o) Hugs ;o)

Polly said...

 Thank you for stopping in and checking it out! I do think I have potential...just need more practice...and I love to practice at it!

Polly said...

 Aw, Stacy, thank you so much! I think I did "try too hard" last night and was getting frustrated. The stuff I had "in my head" just wasn't appearing on the paper. I should have let stuff flow through me instead of thinking too much about it.

I'm seriously PUMPED about the two prizes!! You're awesome and I can't wait to share photos of them and use them! I'm looking now for the perfect spot for the baby crow and I think he will live just above the Altar in my room...ooh, or maybe within the workspace for crafts I'm going to complete (hopefully soon). :D Thank you!

MagicLoveCrow said...

;o))

Kat Emralde said...

Oooh, I like her!   I think you have talent that just needs practice!

Polly said...

 How sweet of you Kat, thank you! I will continue practicing and thanks to everyone for giving me the space and encouragement to work at it.

Natasha May said...

You did great! :) I love the deer in the background. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...