March 13, 2012

30,000 Views in One Year and Other Tidbits

For those who don't know, Pagan by Design started out on WordPress. In March of 2011, I switched over to Blogger (even though there are some drawbacks here and there) since many of my Witchy friends also use Blogger. It took a while for folks to "move with me", but I'm pleased to share that in just one year, Pagan by Design has had (just shy of) 30,000 page views since moving to Blogger! I'm always amazed that the blog which began as nothing more than an "outlet for me" has become so successful! Even with the amazing traffic, I still want to know what my readers are looking for, like, or dislike. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts and suggestions. You may email me if you wish.

For 13 weeks, from March 4th to June 2nd, 2012, I'm hosting the Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign: 13 Weeks of Earth-Wise Exploration. Won't you join with me to learn about how we can live in more "Earth-friendly" ways? (No worries, I'm not one of the fanatical types who insists on re-using a Kleenex 43 times before disposing of it - I'm just learning better ways to care for Mother Earth, too.)

Recently, I posted about a really sweet "pay-it-forward" concept adopted from my friend, Magaly Guerrero of Pagan Culture. I call it, "Handmade from the Heart..." and I still have TWO openings. So far, three people are going to receive the coolest things I can make by hand - enhanced with a bit of my own good Witchy karma. You can receive something handmade from me too (I promise it won't be a colored macaroni necklace) for following the guidelines in the post linked above.

Speaking of my dearest Ms. Magaly, she is going on her third anniversary with her amazing blog! Find out how to enter to win something amazing in her Blogoversary Party right here at Pagan Culture ~ Sexy, Dark & Bloody Fiction 3rd Blogoversary Party!


In other Pagan News, I'd like to introduce you to Pagan Harmony. Especially developed for folks living in the UK, this is a great place to connect with friends or potential mates within the Pagan Community!

If you've ever experienced (or have known someone to experience) domestic violence - whether mental, physical or sexual - please join me in helping my friend, Rowan Pendragon, in supporting the 20th Annual Walk for HAWC. I've personally donated to this worthy cause because I'd like to "give back" a little for the help my children and I received at a time in our lives when WE needed the help of a domestic violence shelter. It saved my life! Even just a $5 donation will help in these fundraiser efforts.

Just two more brief reminders before I submit this post...I'm still taking nominees for the Wonderful Web Witches Award for the month of March 2011. These will be posted on or before the last day of the month. One winner is chosen for each Wednesday of the month and may display the Award button if they choose. Winners will also be recognized here on the blog, within the Pagan by Design forum and on our Facebook page (a bit of free publicity - wink). Nominate yourself or someone else! Share the Witchy goodness on the WWW!
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

3 Comments:

Brenda Lee said...

Congrats on all the page views. I thoroughly enjoy your blog and love the theme. At times, I think about moving my wordpress blogs back to blogger but I don't. Not exactly sure why? Maybe its the control I have over my wordpress and self hosting. Now if I could self host a blogger, oh hel yea, I'd be in. I dunno, still contemplating. :) 

Awesome post luv! 

Polly said...

You just gave me a huge smile for the day - thank you!! I loved Wordpress and still have two (extremely neglected) blogs there: The Moonlit Grove - pagan homeschooling blog, and Designing Life - work at home and home business resources here - http://designinglife1.wordpress.com/.  I never could figure out how to do the self-hosting thing though.

Amethystlilypads said...

That pay it forward idea sounds too cool. I'd love to do something like that (when I'm feeling a little less lazy). Maybe I could do a handmade pendulum -- and buy the second one.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...