February 15, 2012

Wonderful Web Witches ~ January and February 2012

Call me a "slacker" if you like, but I've not kept up with honoring the brilliant bloggers, artists, crafters and webmasters out there since about August of last year.   The reason, in part, is that nominations quit coming in around the time of last years' harvest.   I'd like to gear up again for this year by personally choosing the first 9 winners for 2012 (shown below).

For those who are new to the Wonderful Web Witches (WWW) concept, you can nominate yourself or another.  Simple rules and guidelines are found at the link above as well.

Note to winners:   Feel free to place the following award graphic on your site, Facebook page or within your signature tag on message forums! If you need help placing the small button, or prefer html-ready code for quick and easy uploading, please email me with your questions.


Congratulations January and February 2012 Winners!

Treegold & Beegold: What a catchy name for a catchy and crafty blog! Find amazing crafts, lots of step-by-step photos, tips for crafting, free PDF Tutorials for Newsletter subscribers, custom orders and access to a terrific Etsy storefront of crafts with a Witchy twist!

Real Life Intuition: I had my very first contact with Faye less than 24 hours ago. She was offering Tarot readings to members of a Facebook community I had recently joined. All I can say is that this woman is truly gifted...she has been reading for over ten years and definitely gives off a caring and positive vibration.

By Stag and Eagle: What do you get when you combine a passion for handcrafting/pagan art with vivid photos/brilliant writing and then put them all together in the body of a dedicated male Witch? Simply put, you get Iolair - Author of By Stag and Eagle! I personally LOVE to find Witchy blogs with a male influence behind them, and this, by far, is my favorite male-authored Witchy blog to date.

Classic Witchcraft: It's easy to get lost in the flowing thoughts and Witchy rhymes of this blog that I've recently discovered. The Author shares a love of history, poetry, mystery, secret paths and much more - similar to my own interests.

The Witch of Forest Grove: A beautifully presented and magically-inspired blog that isn't your run-of-the-mill-Witchy-find online. I'm not sure how I've missed this treasure in the past! The Author, Sarah Lawless, accurately describes herself as an Artisan, Illustrator, Wordweaver and Wild Witch. Such talent, wrapped into one place, is a rare find. Check out the amazing productions available in her store as well, Stang and Cauldron.

Barefoot Witch: When I first had the good fortune of reading this blog, authored by Kaye MacArthur, I felt a kinship and a pull toward her heartfelt words. I thoroughly enjoy reading from Pagans and Witches who are presenting their "reality" - "what you see is what you get (and it's still a GREAT thing to find)" approach.

In the Chimehours: This is the beginning of a fabulous exploration into "English folklore, folk tradition & magic, and the Author's journey as an English Witch returning to her roots". Author, Sarah Jayne Chapman, is transitioning from her prior venture, "Crooked & Hidden Ways", to "In the Chimehours". Being of English descent myself, I'm anxious to learn more of the part of my heritage I didn't have the benefit of experiencing in my (this?) lifetime.

One Witch's Way: Rowan Pendragon - another giving and nurturing soul in the Witchy community, has much more to offer through her talents, accomplishments, experiences and her Internet ventures than I can list in one brief introduction! Ms. Pendragon has an impressive resume; she is a certified Paranormal Investigator, Reiki Master, Certified Tarot Consultant, and much more! Rowan combines her skills and passions brilliantly to prompt and gently guide others along their Witchy paths through innovative, hands on, self-exploration and study. See her Pagan Blog Project 2012 for just one example.

Aradia's Cauldron: Authored by Faye, a creative and crafty Pagan with a talent and flair for involving her readers in self-expression, Aradia's Cauldron is where the 52 Weeks of Pagan Art Journaling originated. Even though this was a challenge for 2011, I may pick up the wonderful prompts issued by this teacher (in mundane life) and do them for myself this year.
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

7 Comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

January was a slow month in my house, too. I'm blaming the cold ;-)

Congrats to all the wonderful nominees, and a HUGE hug to you!

Polly said...

Huge hugs to you as well my Ms. Magaly! Wow, you're right on top of things today...no more than I hit "submit" (this post) and you've commented. This is another amazing group of winners - I wish I had stumbled across much sooner. Enjoy!

Velody Dark said...

Wow thank you :) I'll definitely put a post up about this and make sure to put in some votes for March.

Kaye MacArthur said...

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes, Polly. Seeing this truly made my day.

Sandi Crawford said...

Several of them I love reading too! i will definitely check out the ones I had not heard of before! Thanks for this list :)

Faye Dewell said...

Hi Polly,

I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely compliment. I just found out yesterday night!

Polly said...

Kaye, You're welcome and definitely deserving. :)

Sandi, I'm so glad you stopped by. If you'd like to see past winners, you can click "Wonderful Web Witches" under the Categories tab in upper right of this blog. ;)

Faye, You're welcome and congratulations! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...