April 4, 2012

Reading Challenges for 2012


A while back, I mentioned that I had joined a couple of great reading challenges for 2012 (along with some other unrelated things on a 2012 To-Do List).

Since that time, I've joined more reading challenges, taken on a handful of new self-imposed authoring assignments, picked up where I left off with my classes at Magicka school, opened an account with Goodreads, joined the Pagan Blog Project 2012 and added several more titles to my list of books I'd like to read! Whew! If that weren't enough, I'm also trying my hand at the 13 Goddesses in 13 Weeks Challenge, sponsoring the Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign, and started a workshop within the Pagan Writer's Community (working through "The Artist's Way").

Am I crazy?! Nah, just thirsty for knowledge and mind-bending adventure! Without further delay, here is my "Official 2012 Reading List". I'll post my reviews separately and link the review next to the corresponding titles below. The list is subject to change through the year.


First, the challenges...and my goals

2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge hosted by Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf (Maiden, 13+ Books)

Witchy Books Reading Challenge 2012 hosted by Pagan Culture (Bookish Darling, 13 Books)

2012 Pagan Reading Challenge hosted by The Domestic Pagan (Beginner Read, 11-15 Books)

2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge hosted by The Book Vixen (Breaking a Sweat, 11-15 Books)

Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge
 

My List of Titles to Read for 2012
  1. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice 
  2. Incantation by Alice Hoffman
  3. The Foretelling by Alice Hoffman
  4. Green Witch by Alice Hoffman 
  5. Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World by Dalai Lama XIV
  6. The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
  7. A Modern Witch by Debora Geary
  8. A Hidden Witch by Debora Geary
  9. A Reckless Witch by Debora Geary
  10. New History of Witchcraft by Ann Moura 
  11. The Power of the Witch by Laurie Cabot 
  12. The Forest House by Marion Zimmer Bradley 
  13. The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron

Books I've Read for 2012 so far:
  1. New England Witch Chronicles by Chelsea Bellingeri; My Review
  2. Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft by Denise Zimmerman; My Review
  3. Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton; My Review 
  4. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen; My Review
  5. The Spiral Dance by Starhawk; My Review
  6. The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak; My Review
  7. Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions by Starhawk and Others; My Review 
  8. Evidence of the Afterlife: Science of Near-Death Experiences by Jeffrey Long; My Review 
  9. Psychic Healing: Using the Tools of a Medium to Cure... by Sylvia Browne; My Review
  10. Around the Tarot in 78 Days by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin; My Review

Additional titles I would like to explore when I have time (some may be unrelated to challenges listed above)...
  1. Defending Jacob: A Novel by William Landay
  2. The Black Isle by Sandi Tan
  3. The Shack by William P. Young
  4. House by Frank E. Peretti 
  5. The Walk by Richard Paul Evans
  6. 500 Nations: An Illustrated History of North American Indians by Alvin M. Josephy
Lists Last Updated 05-30-2012

    ______________________________________________________________
    Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

    3 Comments:

    Melissa said...

    So glad that you decided to join my challenge! I love seeing what people are reading and getting new ideas!

    ♥Melissa

    The Book Vixen said...

    Thanks for participating! Good luck and I hope you reach all your goals :)

    Magaly Guerrero said...

    Crazy? Nah, inspiring is more like it!

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for sharing your comments!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...