January 31, 2012

Keeping it Real

Now, THIS is Goddess-like and beautiful to me ~
Before I move away from my recent post, "The Goddess Within?", I'd like to point out that in everything we do, every day, we are subject to the opinions of others. People make judgments about things they encounter every day. We're judged during job interviews, for the material we write and submit to editors, for the way we present ourselves, drive, dress, act, raise our kids, and so on. Every time we "put ourselves out there", we're opening ourselves to the opinions and judgments of others. So...what's the big deal with "having" an opinion?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions - including me. When I embraced Paganism, it was partly because I choose to HAVE an opinion - an opinion that, to ME, is rational, and to think for myself rather than blindly follow the lead of others. Within the Pagan community there will probably always be those somewhat irrational ones (usually newbies who are still learning) who seem to think that Paganism is all about "fluffy, trippy, I love and accept everything and everyone now - even if it didn't sit well with me before - cuz now I'm Pagan".

For those who didn't read the introduction on the "Full Body Project", Nimoy presented these women (who happen to be VERY confident and maintain their large sizes in order to be included in the "Fat Bottom Girls" burlesque shows) to the public with the intention of getting people to "talk". He accomplished his goal. I accomplished MY goal of stirring up interest in my blog after weeks of being "out of the loop". I don't think I've ever had a post receive so many responses and of such a passionate nature. Thank you to all of you who shared your views. They are all valued and respected.

If anyone thinks less of me because I'm still sickened by grotesquely obese (they're quite a bit MORE than "plus size" as was mentioned in a couple comments, wouldn't you think?) people posing nude for the public, then that's perfectly fine. I've put my thoughts out there - subjected them to being judged - just as Nimoy and this group of ladies have put themselves out there.

Bright Blessings ~
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

2 Comments:

Kallan said...

I personally don't think less of you for stating your opinion. If we all thought the same things in the same way, I think we'd just stop talking to one another.. life would be much more boring that way. Blessings in abundance!
K

Polly said...

;) You're so right! Thanks Kallan

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...