February 16, 2012

Dimensional Shift or Delusional Wish?

Over the decades of my life, I've witnessed "Earth shattering" prophecies and doomsday predictions come and go. The Y2K bug didn't cause the "crash" that was predicted (unless you count the effect on the financial institutions as people withdrew all their funds in anticipation), The Rapture, Apocalypse, Tribulation, Second Coming have yet to materialize even once among a number of "predicted", "revised" and "re-revised" dates, and our planet hasn't been sucked into a massive black hole (that I'm aware of).

Note: There was just one prophecy that, in my opinion, doesn't belong in the list of "stuff that didn't materialize" above ~ it relates to the emergence of the Antichrist among us, as a political and military leader, seeking a "New World Order". Think: Former President George W. Bush. Nuff said.

At any rate, I'm left with a feeling of being "desensitized" to predictions of catastrophic or life-altering events. What is a person to make of "The Shift", especially when there are groups, writers, film-makers and others seeking to profit from "enlightening us all" and "preparing us" to embrace the coming of the 5th Dimension?

What IS "The Dimensional Shift", anyway, and why am I bothering to research it? After all, as Dick Sutphen (superb hypnotist and frequent speaker for the American Council of Hypnotherapy) relates in his eye-opening article, "The Battle for Your Mind, Persuasion and Brainwashing Techniques Being Used on the Public Today", at least a third of the population are 'joiners and followers', looking for 'answers, meaning, and enlightenment outside of themselves'. I don't consider myself to be a "follower" in this sense. For me, everything must be meticulously analyzed and clearly understood, mixed with a bit of my own intuition and a lot of rational thought processing before I can make a decision about it one way or another.


In layman's terms (well, sort of), "The Shift refers to shifting our point of view perception and state of mind perception from materialistic to spiritualistic". Can I elaborate on this? Um, nope, cuz at this point I really don't "get it", LOL! Does this even relate to the predicted Polar Shift for 2012? Is it simply someone's (either purposefully concocted or genuinely heartfelt) invention to go along with the 2012 End-of-the-World-as-we-Know-it predictions? I don't know the answers to these questions. I have yet to figure it all out so that I can form an opinion one way or another.

So...why am I even mentioning this subject of which I understand so little and cautiously approach? Simply put, sometime between All Hallow's Eve and my wedding on (what I felt deeply was a magical and mystical day) 11-11-11, I began to feel a deep emptiness and lack of focus. I have been oddly unable to connect with my spirituality at all, and unable to commune with Deity(ies) I've been touched by in the past. It has been a strange state of being that, no matter how much I push it aside, demands my attention nearly every minute of every day...yet, as I try and reconnect or try and remedy the situation, I end up running around in circles achieving nothing of true importance. I have been spiraling out of balance. It's a scary and painful experience.

In itself, this may not be so weird. After all, in every lifetime there are normal periods of feeling spiritually lost and longing for fulfillment. What IS weird, however, is that while I was searching out new Pagan bloggers a couple evenings ago (to honor with our Wonderful Web Witches Award), I read two blog posts from different sources BACK to BACK that essentially described the exact emptiness and aching feeling I've been having myself! They even went so far as to pinpoint the beginning of their personal dilemmas to have begun around Halloween of 2011. Now, THAT made the hairs rise on the back of my neck! Their words nearly perfectly explained my own thoughts, feelings and experiences of the past few months. I feel no closer to finding the answers for myself now than I was in November, or January...though I keep seeking...aching to "feel" those calm and peaceful feelings once more.

What are your thoughts and insights? 

Have you experienced stranger than usual spiritual confusion or loss?
What do you think is happening...if anything?
Do you comprehend the Dimensional Shift people are discussing and gearing up for?
Is it related somehow to the predicted Polar Shift?
Is it purely the concept of one religious following or another?

______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

11 Comments:

The Cauldron Keeper said...

I don't know if a dimensional or spiritual shift is happening, but I am antsy, frustrated and hungry for change. I'm not the only only one who feels that the current world order (and myself) is in need of changing, but it could just be that an sustainable and unfair systems have aggravated enough people globally for a palpable change in the air to be felt. For mankind, change tends to come in spurts, and we may have simple reached the next revolutionary age, but nobody will know for sure until it's done.

Thanks for the post, it was just what I needed.

Keltikmystique said...

Loved your post! Who's to say for sure if we are preparing for a Shift or what kind of Shift it will be exactly? Perhaps we are going through growth pains right now? IDK but I agree with many that believe that something has got to give! Our world has become a scary and bleak place, and that has got to change, but how and when... only the Divine knows.

Polly said...

Cauldron Keeper, your words are wise and reflective of (I assume, from my own travels) a great number of people around the Globe. Thank you so much for sharing your insightful views!

Keltikmystique, Thank you so much! If only I could "connect" with the Divine in my world and gain a bit of confidence and understanding. Perhaps Divinity is "absent" because They (not the right word really) are gearing up for a major shift?

To both of you: I suspect that maintaining patience, faith and inner/outer purity (to the best of our abilities) will help us to eventually discover exactly what is going on...if anything significant. Okay, that sounded like it came from some sort of self-proclaimed prophet...eek, I'm ending this reply right now, LOL!

Polly said...

A new friend from a Facebook Community I am involved in is having trouble commenting here, but her thoughts are intriguing so I will post them for her:

Monika P. said: for some reason I can't comment on your post directly, so here it goes: "I've felt the loss you describe, too, but for very different and explicable reasons. It still hurts to think about what caused it, so forgive me for not going into it now. Other than that, judging from the revolutions in Egypt and other countries, something is indeed about to change on this planet. But I don't think it has anything to do with a dimensional shift, but rather with us humans waking up to what political systems have done to us in the past."

My reply: Ahh, Monika you may have something there. I like the way your mind works. Jung and Sheldrake mentioned (and studied) Collective Unconscious and Collective Intelligence...maybe we, as a whole, have just HAD ENOUGH of the BS and the energy we're putting out there (whether intentional or not) is "forcing" a shift of some sort. Great thoughts to ponder! :)

Judy said...

I also believe that people are beginning to realize the mess we're making and trying to change things...there is a lot of energy flying around without a direct purpose which you might be feeling...

Polly said...

Judy, that makes a LOT of sense to me! Maybe, in an "empathic" sort of way, we're affected (seemingly negatively) by the mass energies swirling around us...if that is the case, then the image I chose for this post is rather fitting. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm right there with Judy. Things are definitely changing and shifting. Many are smelling the scent of chaos and projecting both disorder and wants for order. If anything, the combination of all the frustration is what leave some of us a bit confused, a bit out of ease, and wondering...

Polly said...

Very well put, Magaly. All of your comments are actually helping me to make a bit of sense of this mystery. Thank you :)

faeriedaughter said...

I think there is a lot of change happening in the world at the moment - we're beginning to reach the point where we can no longer escape facing up to our responsibility on this planet (though man are we still trying) and realising as a part of this new global culture we've got going on that things don't have to be the way it's always been. Big big change all over I think, and it's going to be really messy, as I think globally we have so much pushing us not to change.
Spiritually, I'm pretty sure that at all points in history someone has been convinced that we were on the brink of a spiritual shift. We always want to be the special ones who become the super-awesome enlightened humans that changed the world :D

Polly said...

faeriedaughter, Your reference to things possibly becoming really messy and resisting change, along with this line "We always want to be the special ones who become the super-awesome enlightened humans that changed the world :D" are so right on the money!

Thank you for your insights.

Megan said...

I just read this article, and it really encouraged me about the upcoming shift!
http://www.in5d.com/shift-of-consciousness-to-5d.html

There is also a woman online, Rev. Angela Peregoff, who discusses these symptoms and more in her daily email :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...