October 13, 2011

The Seventh Child ~ Teaser

This piece is in response to The All Hallow's Grim Party 2011 sponsored by Magaly Guerrero of Pagan Culture. I'm excited to share that it has also been published in Pagan Writers Presents - Samhain anthology along with the talents of several accomplished writers. 

 "The Seventh Child" Teaser
by Polly Taskey

"The deer tracks split into several directions among the thicket of low-lying bushes, Pines and Ash trees. Ten year old Molly wasn't sure which path to follow. She was already lost in the thick woods and hills that stretched for miles between her house and Lake Michigan. But no one would notice. There probably wasn't even anyone at home to know she was gone."
 ~End of Preview~

My full, fictional short story is published in the printed Samhain Anthology book mentioned above.  You'll just have to grab a copy to read the rest and also see amazing work from many very gifted writers!
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

15 Comments:

Andrea said...

What a beautiful and well-written story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Polly said...

Thank you Andrea. It isn't nearly as "Grim" as some I've read so far, but is based on my own life story.

Vivienne Moss said...

I could see little snippets of myself in your enchanting tale. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings, V.

Summer said...

A lovely, haunting tale -- thank you for sharing this!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Polly, this is so eerie... as if it was happening in a dream. I love Molly's mind, and I feel sad for her status as an unwanted child, but what a turn. It shows how every event in our lives, even the not so wonderful ones, makes us who we are.

Sunshineshelle said...

This is a lovely but sad tale, I love the warm embrace at the ending of your tale which is transfered to the reader of Molly's story, the same snuggle felt by the little ones... well done :)

Polly said...

Thank you everyone :)

Geckostone said...

Polly, this is such a beautiful tale that resonates with me BIG TIME!!! (its now my fave so far of Magaly's party entries!) I'm following you because I can always use more of this kind of magic! The deer have a special place in my heart too!Deb

Mina said...

Oh Polly, this is such a beautiful tale and told in such a tender manner. I thoroughly enjoyed every word and want to congratulate you on the well deserved publication.

Polly said...

Geckostone (Deb) and Mina, thank you so much! You've both made me smile from ear to ear!!

Magic Love Crow said...

This is a beautiful tale! I could see some of myself in this story! Excellent! I am so happy I came by! You are an amazing writer! Congrats on the publication!!! Well deserved!!

Polly said...

Magic Love Crow, thank you so much for your warm compliments! (I am blushing, but now I'm more pumped to try for the Yule anthology publication too!)

:D

Judy said...

Wonderful!!!

Seba O'Kiley said...

Beautiful, visceral post.

Seba O'Kiley said...

P.S. Polly: I was in the Samhain Anthology, too! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...