September 2, 2011

Join the Homeschool Diversity Blog Hop!

Regardless of your faith or method of home (or UN) schooling, you're invited to join this growing, supportive and caring community of home-schoolers! This is a wonderful opportunity to share resources, tips, curriculum, field trip ideas and methods with others. Join the Homeschool Diversity Blog Hop Today!

Personally, I am very new to homeschooling and have only worked at it for about 8 weeks. My son, now 15, is entering tenth grade this year and we've both decided he will return to public school this fall ~ UNLESS he is again given a difficult time of it. We're attempting to re-admit him to public school (with some measure of hesitation) because he misses his friends, and partly due to my autoimmune disorders that make it difficult for me to provide the structured daily routine and education I want him to receive. I will, however, continue my Pagan homeschooling efforts with him "on the side" as my Fibromyalgia and other conditions permit.

As I, myself, learn and implement his Pagan homeschooling, I will also be building upon my new blog, The Moonlit Grove which is focused on this very topic. It is my hope that as I write my own curriculum to be utilized alongside the typical academic focuses, I will be able to provide valuable lessons and quizzes accessible online for other Pagan-based families to utilize if they wish.
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

3 Comments:

Sisterlisa said...

Awesome!!! I just visited your other blog and I love it!

Polly said...

Thank you so much Sister Lisa! I am hopeful I can "put to words" the amazing ideas racing around my head! "Focus" is often difficult for me, but I'll give it my best shot. :)

Sandra said...

Polly,

Now that I got the Blog Hop linky to work on my post, I'm actually hopping around. I've been homeschooling for ten years and I have health limitations as well--fibro/chronic fatigue are the most visible things. I spent most of 2008 in a psycho haze that is a dark spot in all our memories. Most of our homeschooling this last year has been from my bed (or in the car, waiting for one kid to finish an activity, with me reclined in the drivers seat). Last year was a lot of "here do this assignment while I go take a nap"

Kudos to you for facing the challenges and finding ways to make it all work for your family's best good.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...