September 27, 2012

All Hallow's Eve Poem

As fiery leaves of orange and red
decorate my modest 'stead,
and tantalizing scents do drift
upon the air so cool and crisp,
the Autumn season beckons me
"Prepare now for 'All Hallows Eve'!"



Now that my Cauldron's seasoned right, the besom dusted well for flight,
the cupboard's stocked and crops put in, incense and oils brewed fresh again,
It's time to say farewell to Sun. Too soon the Mabon rites are done!

Days grow shorter without fail, making way for thinnest veil ~
between the planes I'll travel free with atmospheric energy!
The magic charge is strong to lend, love and light toward Summerland.

To all whom I was let to know: "farewell and blessings" as you go.

~Polly Taskey~ Poem may be freely used/reprinted with link back and credit given please

_______________________________________________________
Known in the Pagan Community as the "Green Witch", Polly Taskey is descended from Mary Bradbury (Perkins). She uses her writing talents to bring you Pagan by Design Blog and Message Boards. If reprinted, this byline and links shown here must be included.

2 Comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I better get to writing, and see what I send to The Pagan Writer's Community.

Polly said...

Ucho, how can I possibly compete with you, my friend! Your writing is AMAZING! Can't wait to see it, as always. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your Pagan Perspectives and Witchy Wisdom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...