August 26, 2011

Pagan by Design Has Been Featured Here!

When I began blogging about my interests in Paganism and alternative paths, I had anticipated using the blog as a means to explore my beliefs and curiosities, perhaps meet a few like-minded individuals, continue my learning process, share a bit of myself, and create a much-needed outlet for the "wanna-be-writer" in me continually screaming to be freed.

My hope was, that if my blog were to attract some readers, my words would paint an accurate picture of what Paganism is (and isn't - in my view), without stepping on the toes of anyone of another faith, and while extending my heartfelt blessings to all.

I had never imagined my blog would have over 9,000 views and 60-some followers within a few months, nor did I anticipate it would be found intriguing by anyone leaning more toward the Christian faith! I've been named as a Featured Diverse Blogger, by exceptional writer, Sister Lisa!

I can't tell you how honored I am to have met Sister Lisa through my 'Net Adventures! Regardless of our differing spiritual views, we easily found common ground simply as two human women (Mothers to be exact) who share this world, and that, to me, is what life is really all about!



Relational Living at The HomeSpun Life

As Sister Lisa alluded to; when we open ourselves to something or someone "different from us", we often find that we have so much more in common than we had previously imagined. There is a unity we all share that simply cannot be severed - though we can let it keep us "distant" or "at odds" with one another.

Thank you so much, Sister Lisa, for this incredible honor and for being such an honest, amazing and wonderful person sharing your superb writing skills and goodness upon the world!
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

1 Comments:

Sisterlisa said...

There are more Christians who feel the same way I do, in fact you may be seeing an increase of openness in the blogosphere over time. I am always so encouraged when I find people of other faiths who are as open as you have been. It helps me understand people better and my hopes are to find what we have in common and go from there..because love is what truly unites people. I'm having homeschool blog hop Sept 1-3 for all home educational styles and no matter what faith people follow (or even if they don't follow any faith at all.) I do hope you'll join us. More info here: http://thehomespunlife.com/?p=1656

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...