February 28, 2011

Natural Herbal Remedies

One of my personal goals for this new year is becoming healthier and pain-free - naturally. My battles with Fibromyalgia, Graves' Disease, high cholesterol, hypoglycemia, major depressive disorder, deteriorating disks in my back...and other issues...have me playing "guinea pig" with trying to find combinations of drugs that actually work! At this point, I'm pretty sure the damages caused by the medications I've taken over the years are more detrimental to my health than the effects of the illnesses themselves.

Like me, I'm sure you've laughed at the commercials advertising some new drug promising to stop acid reflux (or whatever ailment) with 23 seconds of listing the possible side effects..."For some patients, taking this drug may cause bloating, constipation, heartburn, dizziness, insomnia, depression, kidney failure, heart attack or stroke...." BUT, it might help with the acid reflux, right?
Seriously, who wants those risks?

Aside from the fact that I can barely afford the eight or so bottles of prescriptions every month - just one of them costing about $500 per bottle - I don't want to put all that garbage into my body. In my search for knowledge (so far), I've found an excellent resource I want to share!

A site called, Learning Herbs, offers some FREE and informative courses for their subscribers. I've just received my first couple of lessons. One of them is a 7-day e-Course called "Supermarket Herbalism" in pdf format, and the other is a free video and e-Book course called "Home Remedy Secrets".

So far, I'm finding both to be very well-presented, in simple-to-understand terms, and I want to share these awesome resources with my readers! It appears there is additional free information available which I haven't accessed just yet.
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

1 Comments:

Tink said...

I'm a paying member of HerbMentor, and it's very much worth it. A lot more of the terrific stuff that's available for free, even better!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...