February 29, 2012

Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign

200x200 Button Shown Above
Thirteen Weeks of Earth-Wise Exploration

The recognition and celebration of Earth Day on April 22nd should not be limited to just twenty-four hours out of the nearly 9,000 hours we live upon the planet each year. "Green Living" does not have to equate to giving up the luxuries we've become accustomed to, rather, it is simply a means of making conscious decisions, efforts, or minor lifestyle alterations to reduce, reuse and recycle every day.

It has been said that when we practice a new concept for a period of 21 days in a row, then that activity becomes "habit".  

From March 4th until June 2nd, 2012, I am challenging each of my readers to follow along with my "Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign".

That adds up to 13 Magical Weeks of Earth Lovin' Activities and Inspiration!

If you're a Blogger, Social Community User (Facebook, etc) or Webmaster, feel free to post the challenge to your own friends and readers, even if you're not participating!

What the Earth Day, Every Day Campaign is About:

Every Sunday, from March 4th until May 27th, 2012, I will post a new Earth Day message and simple homework assignment for you to complete. Each assignment should take no more than 10-20 minutes of your time. Prepare to learn simple and effective ways to care for our planet, find informative facts and links, and ideas for including the children. I encourage each participant to research various ways to care for the Earth and to share their findings, along with homework assignment answers if they wish, in blog posts of their own. Within the comments at the end of each Lesson, please share a link to your Assignment. You may link up as many relevant posts as you wish during each week of the Campaign. Even though I've created this Campaign to help meet the strong desire to live in unison with the Earth as I've witnessed within Pagan communities, it is open to anyone regardless of their spiritual path or beliefs.

How to Participate:

1. Add the Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign Member graphic to your blog or website. I've produced two sizes for this (hopefully lifelong) event. The code for the 150x150 and 200x200 sized buttons are located below:

Just copy and paste this code to use the 200x200 button: (Shown Above, Left)


Or copy and paste the following code to produce the smaller, 150x150 sized button:


2. Write a post about the Campaign and publish it on your own blog or web site, linking back to this post, please.

3. Add your blog to the list of participants. Put the name of your blog and the link to your own initial Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign post or dedicated page (not just to the URL for the home page of your blog).

4. Check in with the Pagan by Design Facebook page anytime to discuss your posts, findings, questions and to share with others.

I recommend creating a dedicated post which you can edit each time you post a new topic or homework assignment. You are welcome to write as often or as infrequently as you wish ~ the only requirement is that all comments must be related to caring for the Earth. Using bullets or a numbering system, you can simply add the most recent title of your post linking to that particular post. For an example, see what I did with the reading challenges I am taking part in HERE.

Are you in? I look forward to learning more about caring for our planet through the combined research, tips, questions, ideas and personal experiences of a supportive community. This is a brilliant way to learn and share, with the world, the importance of caring for our Earth while bringing helpful and informative Earth-wise topics into one readily available resource. Feel free to share links, references, articles, current news and events affecting our planet, and so forth. 

The Assignments Schedule and Information:

Your first official assignment isn't due until midnight (EST) of March 10th. Each assignment will end at midnight (EST) every Saturday between the specified dates of the Campaign. (That is why the 13th Week actually "ends" at midnight (EST) on Saturday, June 2nd, 2012). Click the Week Number and Dates below to be taken to the Assignment for that Lesson. If no link appears then the lesson has not been published yet. The first lesson will be published on Sunday, March 4th, 2012. You may wish to bookmark this page in order to locate this page quickly in the future.

Important Note: If you're joining in late, or finding this Campaign months after it has been completed, you can still work through the process on your own, at your own pace.

Week One: March 4-10, 2012 ~ It's Never Too Late to Begin! Why Preserving the Earth is Important to You

Week Two: March 11-17, 2012 ~ Our Dependency on Oil

Week Three: March 18-24, 2012 ~ Transportation, Factories, Fuels and Emissions

Week Four: March 25-31, 2012 ~ Preserving and Boosting Forestry Resources

Week Five: April 1-7, 2012 ~ Water Supply and Contamination Concerns

Week Six: April 8-14, 2012 ~ Recycling Electronics and Other Products

Week Seven: April 15-21, 2012 ~ Reducing Waste and Re-Purposing Items

Week Eight: April 22-28, 2012 ~ Energy Saving Around the Home

Week Nine: April 28-May 5, 2012 ~ Current News and Earth-wise Interests; Post What You Wish

Week Ten: May 6-12, 2012 ~ Legislation and Activism Guide

Week Eleven: May 13-19, 2012 ~ Building Better Communities, One Neighborhood at a Time

Week Twelve: May 20-26, 2012 ~ Simple Lifestyle Changes and Disaster Preparedness

Week Thirteen: May 27-June 2, 2012 ~ Wrapping it up; Comparing Then and Now; End Thoughts

Involve your children if you'd like. Sharing this Campaign with your kids may be a great experience for the entire family. After all, our children ARE the leaders of our future. Our Earth's well-being will soon be in their hands.

In closing, this Campaign is intended to be fun, informative and beneficial to the planet. Please email me if you have any questions or suggestions: designing.life.net @ gmail.com.

Join the Campaign Participants

Join the Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign by linking up the URL of your blog (preferably the dedicated page or post if you have one) below in the Comments Section. I'll manually add your blog name and link here:

  1. The Healthy Heathen 
  2. Pagan by Design
  3. A Journey of Spiritual Self Discovery 
  4. The Cunning Crone 
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

9 Comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I will be up to my neck with Witches in Fiction, moving, writing deadlines... but this is a great thing to do. I might not be able to play every day (or on the day of) but I'll participate. This will be something The Princess and I can do together.

I'll grab the button when is ready ;-)

Berny said...

I will be participating i will do so in english and spanish since my blog is to call other spanish speaker pagans so i will be linking this into my blog and translating what is this about.  Earthy Idea!!! 

Polly said...

Berny, I LOVE it! I'm so excited you will be sharing with our Spanish speaking friends! 

rox said...

Hi Polly ! Thank You so much for visting me ☺
  that is so great I chose to write about earth as I may not have learned about your project ! I was shocked to find out how old earth day actually is and a bit saddened too because I cannot believe how long it took my and younger generations to catch on . I think we need more people like youself promoting it !
My first earth day was 23 yrs ago and I was tandem nursing two little ones ! I look back and hope I might've been an example for other Mums to be ☺
Your first week idea is so welcoming for people . I try and help people too so they do not feel overwhelmed some greenies can be so radical and aggressive it can turn and frighten people away . to educate and promote with a gentle touch . I will try and partake once a week for just a short time is a good start ☺
♥ Rox
ps I'm going to remember to bookmark ;-)

Polly said...

Rox, that's brilliant! My goal also is to approach the campaign with a gentle touch - perhaps weaving in a few shocking facts here and there to grab attention, but in all honesty, I am not one of the types to get all "crazy" about re-using every paper towel 40 times either - for example. I hope to see you join in and also pass it along to your readers.

Polly said...

Since the Linky Tool has expired, please go ahead and enter the URL of your Earth Day ~ Every Day Campaign posts in a comment here or within the comment section after each week (linked in the post above). Sorry about any confusion.

Polly said...

The Healthy Heathen is a participant in this program. Check out her amazing blog and Earth Day ~ Every Day posts here: http://thenaturalcatholic.blogspot.com/

roxie said...

Hey Polly , I'm out of the city now so not sure when I can get to week 6 . but I really felt I had to re-focus and really look at devotion and commitment to Mother Earth . I'm just appalled at some so called pagans .so I wrote a bit of a rant on plastic pagans .
http://cunningcrone.blogspot.ca/2012/05/earth-day-everyday-plastic-pagans.html

Polly said...

Thank you Rox! Don't feel bad, I'm behind on my own campaign (yikes) - and I LOVE your post! You've given me a new term with multiple meanings..."Plastic Pagans" - brilliant!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...