February 3, 2012

Consecrating a Tarot Deck

I received my beautiful, brand new Ciro Marchetti Tarot deck, The Gilded Tarot, in March 2011. These cards are as precious to me today as they were when I first "connected" with them - even before they came to my door. I couldn't have been more pleased since I was 2 weeks into my Tarot course at Magicka School and just beginning a group study along with others online using Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards by Kim Huggens.

I wrote the following brief Consecration and Blessing for this special deck. You may utilize this Consecration for yourself if you wish. All I ask is that if you choose to re-publish it elsewhere, please include my name as author along with a link back to the Pagan by Design blog.

1. Light Sandalwood or Sage incense from a burning white candle.

2. Place the deck of cards in front of you.

3. Visualize a pure, bright, glittery purple light streaming down upon you and upon the cards before you. Say,
"Tarot of ancient arts and powers, and sacred wisdom of the towers,
into my hands you've come to be, all bane from past is now set free."
4. Pick up the deck and shuffle it, feeling your vibes mix with the cards. The purple light now surrounds you and the cards as one.
"Our energies shall now be mixed, unto my service you are fixed!"
5. Take each card, one by one, and pass it through the smoke of the incense.
"Cleansed and charged with life anew, our queries met with all that's true
When mystery does take a hold, enlightenment shall soon unfold
For every card in every spread, remain upon the path we tread
I gather now these cards of mine, now tuned, be blessed by The Divine."
6. Put the cards in order and place them in their protective bag or wooden box.

You may also place your packaged deck in the light of the Full or New Moon to consecrate and add to the energies. Some folks choose to perform a brief smudging (like the one above) and then place the cards under their pillow overnight while they sleep.
______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

1 Comments:

Psychics Connect said...

Brilliant post. I've known about the consecration of tools for ritual use etc but never thought about consecrating a Tarot deck...might have to try it with the next deck I purchase.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...