February 4, 2011

Embracing the Dark...and the Light

by Polly Taskey, Pagan by Design


Let me break free of this shell of destruction,
the self-bashing thoughts and prolonged depression.
How tiring it is to waste days, months, and years,

held captive to my own insignificant fears.

Let me look on the past and mistakes in my life,
embracing the darkness, the pain, and the strife.
To make the transition and finally let go,
of the guilt that I carry, the hurt that I know.

Let the future I ache for be within reach,
guide me towards light; to You I beseach.
My wants and desires are so trivially small -
do I not deserve any, not any at all?

Let me find wisdom in the haunts of my past,
to move forward with pride, self-assurance at last!
Shedding the old, the battered, and used,
making room for the strengths which You have imbued.

Let me walk in the path of Your guiding light,
softly speaking and teaching of all that is right.
Cherishing moments - each one fleeting past,
making memories of smiles, a lifetime to last.


______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

1 Comments:

kyle said...

your good

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...