May 17, 2010

Prayer to Hecate

My dearest Hecate, do You remember when I fell to my knees on the ground just outside my home, and while crying hysterically, I raised my arms up in the air and begged for help - from the Universal Energies, from any Gods and Goddesses Who would hear me, in helping me to remove my children from the abuse and life threats we suffered from my husband? This was nearly a decade ago, and within three days' time, You sent complete strangers who were "out for a drive" about three hours away from their own home town. I knew how they found my house on the private dirt road that wasn't even on a map. It was You who guided them there. You came to me later and revealed Yourself to me, confirming my assumptions.

It has been a very long and difficult struggle since the day I packed up and left with my children. I've tried to do everything right. I've fought adversity time and again as a single Mother that would make a grown man cry. I went far beyond what I thought was "enough" to try every day to improve my life. And I've only seen a few precious moments and laughter here and there, amidst a horrible existence day to day for years on end.

I am again at one of those dead-ends...wavering between wondering why I am here and whether I should bother to "remain" here. Things are so very hard. Is a pitiful existence better than no existence? For how many years will I be made to suffer, and what atrocious acts did I commit in this, or a past life, to deserve this painful punishment? What are the benefits of lessons that only deepen my sorrow and harden my heart even further?

Please help me to understand. Please show me a doorway where none exists at this moment. Take me into Your realm and guide me...I await Your wisdom openly...

7 Comments:

Crestechevots said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

Green Witch said...

Thank you so much Crestechevots! Your words are so kind and inspiring. Bright Blessings

witch said...

Hey Green Witch, this is a great story that really close to mine... I've read this crying. Don't worry, The Great Goddess Hecate will keep guide us everytime... Just believe, and show your love to her, sister. Blessed Be )0(

Polly said...

Blessings to you and thank you so much for the uplifting and heartfelt comments. Blessed Be to you as well.

Ethan said...

I've been through hell, too, and She paid me a visit...and I didn't even know who She was or anticipate Her entry. Is this common? Because I'm encountering a lot of stories like this. And at the time of this first encounter, I was deconverting from Christianity. And I was often at the brink of suicide. It was horrible.

Polly said...

Blessings to you as well ~ thank you for your uplifting words

Polly said...

Ethan, it hadn't occurred to me before you commented, but I had recently shed off all Christian ideas and had also felt suicidal near the time this happened. Perhaps the Great Goddess, Hecate appears for us to "guide and comfort us" ~ She is, after all, the Goddess of the "crossroads". Blessings to you and thank you for sharing your touching story. I sincerely hope things are much more positive for you now.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...