May 30, 2010

Invocations Before Sleep/Meal

Prayer Before Sleep by Polly Taskey

As I enter the realm of dreams
I ask You to watch over me
Let the moon weave its' protective light
To guard my Spirit through the night

Guide my visions as I rest
and clear my mind to what is best
Should dawn begin without me there
I'll trust, with peace, your loving care

And should I wake to fiery sun
In harmony, we'll walk as One


Simple Invocation Before Sleep

Lady of the Moon;
Lord of the Sun;
Protect me and mine
Now day is done.


Giving Thanks for a Meal by Polly Taskey

From forest and stream
from sky and from field
only You could provide
this bountiful yield

These nourishing gifts
strengthen me and mine
and continue the circle
of life Divine.

______________________________________________________________
Inspired by her Native American roots and Bradbury lineage, Polly Taskey is a writer and grandmother in the northern USA.  She shares her wisdom and pagan interests through Pagan by Design and The Moonlit Grove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...